Photo Contest Finalists, March 2011 Contest
After much deliberation by a stellar panel of writer-photographer judges, the top five finalists in the first-ever “What I Saw” Amateur Photo Contest have been selected. Congratulations, finalists!
Now it’s your turn to vote, comment and experience your own chance to win great prizes, as explained below. VOTING NOW CLOSED. See winning photo, voting prizes.
If you vote and leave a comment below, you could win one of three prizes:
- A copy of New York Times bestselling author Caroline Leavitt’s Pictures of You
- A copy of debut novelist Therese Walsh’s novel, The Last Will of Moira Leahy
- An 8 x 10 signed print of your choice (on Metallic Finish Paper) from Damien Franco’s photography gallery
All you have to do is vote and comment below (please I.D. the photo you’re commenting on. Thoughtful responses appreciated.). Judges were asked to select the top images that “told a story,” illustrated creativity, clarity and overall “wow-ness.” Which is your favorite? Why did you choose the photo you chose? What stories did you see behind it? Was it difficult to pick a favorite? Why?
Winners will be randomly selected. The grand prize winner of the Amazon certificate is not eligible to receive book or photo prizes (But contest entrants are eligible and encouraged to vote and comment).
Voting open March 21-March 27. Winner announced the week of March 28.
Which is your favorite?
- J. Bonstein ~ Stairway to Heaven (57%, 169 Votes)
- O. Camejo ~ Ride the Galaxie (18%, 52 Votes)
- M. Beaudet ~ Ghost Trees reflected in Little Crater Lake (13%, 38 Votes)
- J. Sommersby ~ How I got over my fear of thunderstorms (11%, 34 Votes)
- M. Morgan ~ Red Flagged (1%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 297